1 pound okra/bhindi/ladyfinger (cut to 1/2 inch pieces)
1 big onion chopped
3 totatoes chopped
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 spoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
oil for shallow frying bhindi
salt to taste
1. Take a nonstick pan heat the oil and fry the bhindi pieces( sprinkle some salt) until they are 70 percent cooked.
2. In another pan take 3 teaspoons oil and add cinnamon piece, cumin seeds and bay leaf.
3.when they splatter add onion pieces and fry till they are transparent about 3 min then add ginger garlic paste and fry for 15 sec.
4. To that add tomato pieces, turmeric and salt and cook on medium until they are soft.
5. Now add chilli powder, garam masala and fried bhindi pieces mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes until the oil separates out.
6. Finally check for taste and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.