I learned this recipe from my friend and first Neighbor after coming to US, She introduced me to Baking. Thank you Neha Gupta
Butter 1 stick ( 1/2 cup)
Sugar 3/4 cup
All purpose flour (Maida) 1 cup
whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Ripe bananas 2
Sour cream 1/2 cup (optional)
vanilla extract 1 tsp
Pecans or walnuts 1 cup
Dry fruits 1/2 cup ( apricots, cranberry's)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
2. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.Then mix in the sour cream.
3. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the banana mixture to the creamed sugar mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. (Don't over mix) 5. Dust the nuts and sliced dried apricots with 1 tsp flour and combine to the batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
8. Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.