Wednesday, January 26, 2011
1 tablespoon milk or half & half
salt as required
pepper powder 1/4 teaspoon
Parsley or basil 1 teaspoon finely chopped
1/2 cup diced Mushrooms
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup spring onions
1 teaspoon grated cheddar cheese
3 teaspoons butter or oil
1. In a bowl mix well eggs, milk, salt, pepper powder and parsley.
2. Take a nonstick pan and add 1 teaspoon butter and saute mushrooms, peppers and spring onions with some salt and pepper for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
3. In the same pan heat the remaining butter on medium heat and add the egg mixture and using spatula stir the eggs for 5 seconds. Lift the pan and move around until the excess liquid gets solidify.
4. using spatula loosen the sides so the omelet doesn't stick to the pan.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the sauteed vegetables sprinkle with some cheese, spring onion and let it cook for 10-15 seconds covered.
6. Finally carefully slide the omelet to the plate and serve hot
I learned this recipe from my sister who stays in Virginia. Vijaya akka thankyou... naresh likes this dish.
Raw mango 1 medium size (cut into cubes)
Tomatoes 4 diced
Onion 1 big chopped
mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
salt as required
spring onion for garnish (optional)
oil 2 tablespoons
1. Take oil in pan once it is hot add mustard seeds and let them splutter, to that add curry leaves and onions and fry till onions are soft.
2. Add tomatoes, turmeric and salt mix well and cook till the tomatoes are half cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Then add cubed mango pieces and chilli powder and combine well and close with lid and cook on medium heat until the mango pieces turn soft. (add 1/2 cup of water if required)
4. Finally adjust the seasoning and garnish with spring onions and serve.