Bitter gourd - 6 nos(medium sized)channa daal - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - a few leaves
Dried red chillies - 4 nos
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Garlic clove - 6Raw coconut pieces/grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Salt and chilli powder - according to taste
oil - for deep frying
1. Slice the bitter gourd into thin round circles. Add salt and turmeric powder to the bitter gourd and let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Squeeze and remove the juice from the bitter gourd.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add bitter gourd pieces to the pan and deep fry them until they turn little brown.
3. Grind coconut, garlic cloves and 1 tsp chilli powder to fine powder.
4. Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil and add channa daal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, broken dry red chillies, and curry leaves and fry them for a minute.
5. To that add the powder of coconut, garlic and chilli powder and fry for 3-4 minutes on low until the raw smell of the garlic is gone.
6. Finally add the fried bitter gourd pieces and mix well and check the salt and chillie powder according to your taste. Fry for 3-5 minutes and serve hot with rice