1 cups chana dal
1 cups jaggery
1/4 spoon cardamom powder
1 cup rice
1/2 cup urad dal
Oil for deep fry
1. Wash and soak rice and urad dal in water for about 3-4 hrs.
2. Grind rice and urad dal to smooth paste adding sufficient water. It should be ground to thick dosa batter consistency. Add salt and set aside for 4-5 hours.
5. Allow the paste to cool. Grease your hands with oil or ghee and roll the paste to small lemon size balls.
6. Heat oil in a deep pan. Dip each ball into the batter, so that it evenly gets coated. Drop them gently into oil and fry them till golden brown.
7. Remove from oil, drain on a kitchen paper to remove any excess oil and serve.