Ridge gourd / beerakaya 3 (peel the skin and chop)
Onions 1 chopped
1 tsp each mustard, cumin seeds and urad dal
Curry leaves few
2 green chillies
4 garlic flakes (mashed)
Milk 3/4 cup
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
1 tsp salt (as per taste)
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard, cumin and urad dal. When mustard starts spluttering and urad dal changes color add onions, green chillies, curry leaves and garlic flakes.
2. Fry until the onions become transparent. Add chopped ridge gourd salt and turmeric stir and close with lid and let it cook on medium flame for 8-10 min.
3. Stir the curry in between, once the ridge gourd pieces get transparent and all the water gets evaporated add chilli power and cook it for 2 minutes.
4. Add milk to the curry and cook it till the curry thickens for 2-3 min
5. Serve hot with roti or rice.